BASICS OF DAZ3D
This course will teach you how to create 3D garments in Clo3D/Marvelous Designer
What you’ll learn
- How to to create realistic 3D models of garments.
- How to develop a design from a block to a complete garment in 3D.
- How to add a pattern to Clo by importing pdf, ai, tracing an image or drawing directly on avatar.
- How to set up Clo and navigate in it.
- How to add avatar, change its appearance, size, pose and create and save your custom avatar.
- How to flat draft a skirt block in Clo.
- How to autograde and manually grade in Clo.
- How to scale, transform and move patterns.
- How to add and remove seam allowances, annotations and symbols.
- How to sew the pattern in Clo and dress avatar.
- How to sew the pattern in Clo and dress avatar.
- How to change fabric appearance and behaviour.
- How to assess fit with the help of maps.
- How to use pins, tacks and steam in Clo.
- How to add elasticated waistband, yoke, zip, buttons, patch pockets, topstitching, puckering, fullness and pleats.
- You will learn about properties of fabric in Clo and how to change the fabric of the garment.
- How to change and manipulate print of the fabric, including transparency.
- How to quickly change the design in modular mode.
- How to work with graphic and textures.
- How to calculate amount of fabric required and its cost.
- How to present the garment in multiple colorways.
- How to prepare your garment for render.
- How to dress avatar in multiple layers.
- How to animate your avatar.
- How to render images, turntable images and animations.
Save time drafting with CLO with intuitive, easy-to-use drafting and modeling tools.
You don’t need any previous knowledge of 3D modelling software, because we will start from the very beginning – set up and navigation basics.
This course will take you from having no knowledge of 3D software to developing your own designs, doing fittings, creating renders, animations, and much more.
Because your time is valuable, the lectures are short and straight to the point, giving you maximum information quickly and efficiently.
Go from complete beginner to a confident Clo3D user in less than 2.5 hours!
By the end of the course you will also have developed a portfolio of several projects, which you will be able to add to your CV to showcase your new skills.
So if you have no time to waste, you have never used Clo3D before or you have but struggled with the basics, this course is for you.
who is this course for
You need to:
– get the latest and most relevant knowledge
in the field
– understand what kind of fashion will be tomorrow
– master innovative ways of designing clothes
– reduce development time
– do not waste time on endless fitting
and sewing samples
– quickly find a common language with the client
– understand the viability of the
clothing model .
– get a tool for creating a
visual image from an idea
– reduce production costs
HOW YOU WILL LEARN :
Lesson 2 – Navigation
Lesson 3 – Simulation mode
Lesson 4 – Set your work space
Lesson 5 – Mesh, particle distance and additional thickness
1. Study the Interface
2. Set your work space
Lesson 1 – Tools for creating and editing patterns.
Lesson 2 – How to import AI or pdf file into Clo.
Lesson 3 – How to create a pattern in Clo by tracing any image of a pattern.
Lesson 4 – Learn about types of avatars available in Clo and what we can do to customize them.
Lesson 5 – You will learn how to develop a skirt block.
Lesson 6 – Learn how to sew patterns in Clo.
Lesson 7 – How to dress the avatar and make the skirt stay where it should.
Lesson 8 – Learn about types of avatars available in Clo and what we can do to customize them.
Lesson 9 – Learn how to change hair style and colour and create a mannequin look.
Lesson 10 – Creating poses
1. Your project is to create pattern in Clo by tracing an image. Use all the techniques you have learnt so far.
2. Create a skirt pattern using all the tools and techniques you have learnt.
3. Create your own avatar using the tools and techniques you have learnt.
Lesson 2 – Fabric Properties
Lesson 3 – Creating Prints in CLO3D and baking texture
Lesson 4 – Apply fabrics, Colorways and prints to your product
Lesson 6 – Detailing. Folds and folds – exercises
Lesson 7 – Creating Waist Bands
Lesson 11 – How to create a multilayer outfit
1. Create a Multilayered outfit using layer function
2. Create your own skirt design using the tools and techniques you have learnt so far in this week.
Lesson 1 -Gradation of patterns
Lesson 2 – Designing patterns before printing
Lesson 3 – Exporting and printing of patterns
Lesson 4 – How to export maps in CLO3D
Lesson 5 – How to export tech pack in CLO3D
Lesson 6 – How to steam and press in CLO3D
Lesson 7 – How to increase the quality of the garment before render.
Lesson 8 – How to make your avatar walk the runway.
Lesson 9 – Light setting and rendering an image in CLO3D
Lesson 10 – Rendering turntable images and animation.
Your final project is to render an image of your garment using the tools and techniques you have learnt so far in this course. You must demonstrate all the items in the following list.
This course includes:
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 10 downloadable resources
- Access on mobile and TV
- Technical support
- 3- Month Class access
- Telegram Group
- Mandatory Assignments
- Certificate of completion